Women make up almost 50% of the agricultural labour force in Sub-Saharan Africa, but earn less and face more challenges regarding land ownership and loans than their male counterparts. A new AfDB report explores opportunities for African women, with a focus on the cocoa, coffee, cotton and cassava sectors in Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso and Nigeria, respectively.
Latest from AfDB
- 28/08/2015 - Donald Kaberuka, AfDB President 2005-2015 – A passionate advocate for infrastructure and development soldiering
- 27/08/2015 - Leadership Matters, the focus of premiere Baobab Forum
- 27/08/2015 - AfDB conducts national statistics training and capacity building workshop for partners and representatives from 20 African countries
- 31/08/2015 - Baobab Forum
- 02/11/2015 - 04/11/2015 - African Economic Conference 2015: “Addressing Poverty and Inequality in the Post 2015 Development Agenda”
- 06/11/2015 - 11/11/2015 - Development Evaluation Week