Launched under the auspices of the AfDB’s Special Envoy on Gender, Geraldine Fraser-Moleketi, the “Fashionomics” initiative aims to bring Africa’s fashion and textile industry to a new level. Two studies that scrutinize the sector in Côte d'Ivoire and Ethiopia have been released with a dedicated “Fashionomics” web platform underway. The untapped potential of fashion and textiles is enormous: in Sub-Saharan Africa, the sector could generate 400,000 jobs, with exports doubling within 10 years.
- 25/08/2016 - NEPAD-IPPF strengthens capacity to improve stock of well-prepared bankable infrastructure projects
- 25/08/2016 - Q&A with Shem Simuyemba, Division Manager, NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility
- 24/08/2016 - Questions for Emanuela Gregorio, gender specialist at the AfDB and key player in Fashionomics
- 27/08/2016 - 28/08/2016 - Bank Group participates in TICAD VI
- 05/09/2016 - 06/09/2016 - Workshop on Local Content in the Extractives Sector: Insights for New Producing Countries
- 05/12/2016 - 07/12/2016 - African Economic Conference 2016: “Feeding Africa: Towards Agro-Allied Industrialization for Inclusive Growth”