How to apply
Application for AfDB employment vacancies is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationalities are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare. Successful candidates will be offered a short term position under the declared nationality for the duration of their stay with the Bank and all subsequent renewals as Short term Staff.
If you are keen to join our teams and if you fulfil the eligibility criteria, kindly submit your online application before the closing date, by midnight (GMT) as indicated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued automatically. Only selected candidates will be contacted in the first place. Other candidates will be informed of the status of their applications at the end of the process.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Register for an account by filling your online application.
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication.
- Complete application at once.
- Answer all the questions - all questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change in the middle of the recruitment process.
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Attach all the following mandatory documents:
- A two or three pages Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word/PDF version.
- Copies of the highest Academic Degrees / Certificates.
- Cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Coordinator, Africa Fertilizer Financing Mechanism (AFFM)
- Short Term Contract – STS (Temporary)
- Account assistant – financial reporting and treasury products section - FFCO.1
- Directors X5 (Climate change and green growth; Energy statistics, policy and regulation; Power systems development; Renewable energy; Transformative energy partnerships)