The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's/Master's level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from the University / Professional institution school confirming the enrollment for the current Program.
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must be fluent in, at least, one of the Banks's working languages (English or French).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank's operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Economy: Development Research; Statistics;
- Operations I: Procurement & Fiduciary Services, Fragile States situations;
- Operations II: Agriculture & Agro Industry; Human Development; Governance; Water & Sanitation, Natural Resource Management;
- Operations III: Energy, Environment & Climate Change; Transport & ICT; Private Sector; Regional Integration and Trade;
- Strategy & Operational Policies;
- Results & Quality Assurance;
- Finance; Budget; Treasury; Resource Mobilization; Risk Management; Audit;
- General/Business Administration;
- Human Resources Management;
- IT Services; IT Engineers; Security; IT Security;
- Protocol Services ; Language Services;
- Communication & External Relations;
- Corporate Lawyers;
- Translation / Interpretation.
- Account assistant – financial reporting and treasury products section - FFCO.1
- Directors X5 (Climate change and green growth; Energy statistics, policy and regulation; Power systems development; Renewable energy; Transformative energy partnerships)
- 2017 Mo Ibrahim foundation leadership fellowship program