Terms and conditions
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank's location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage, and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- The internship will be authorized only once for any candidate.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend, depending on the budget availability.
- Interns may be authorized to participate in an official Bank's mission.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank's headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank's field offices or Regional Centers.
How to Apply: Online application
Application for admission to the AfDB Internship Program is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
If you have special capability for creative and strategic thinking and believe you fulfil the eligibility criteria, kindly submit your online application before 15th March 2016 by midnight (GMT).
Due to the high volume of responses received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued. If you do not hear from us by 31st July 2016, then your application would not have been considered for the first stage of the 2016 intake.
Offer of internship
Selected candidates will receive an official offer and are expected to start the Internship Program from 1st June 2016. The selected candidates must submit a written acceptance of the offer via email within one week of notification or the offer will be proposed to the next candidate on the reserve list. Offers of internships are only valid for the same Program year. They will not be deferred to the following year.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Register for an account (by filling your application form)
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in the correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change in the middle of the process
- Complete application in a single session
- Answer all the questions - all questions marked with an asterisk (*) require an answer
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload all the following required documents (mandatory):
- Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word or PDF version.
- Copy of the enrollment Certificate or the Master Degree.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Recommendation Letter
- All questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory
- Coordinator, Africa Fertilizer Financing Mechanism (AFFM)
- Short Term Contract – STS (Temporary)
- Account assistant – financial reporting and treasury products section - FFCO.1
- Directors X5 (Climate change and green growth; Energy statistics, policy and regulation; Power systems development; Renewable energy; Transformative energy partnerships)