How to Apply
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare. Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with AfDB.
If you have special capability for creative, entrepreneurial and strategic thinking and believe you fulfil the eligibility criteria, kindly submit your online application before 06 October, 2014 before midnight (GMT).
Due to the high volume of responses normally received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued. The selection process is currently on-going.
Offer of employment
Selected candidates will receive an official offer in writing and are expected to report for duty in March 2015. The selected candidates must submit a written acceptance of the offer of appointment via email within two weeks of notification. Confirmation of the offer is subject to a satisfactory medical examination, verification of relevant educational and professional certificates, verification of academic and professional references and production of a valid certificate or other proof of nationality. Offers of appointment are only valid for the same recruitment year. They will not be deferred to the following year.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Register for an account
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Complete application in a single session
- Answer all the questions - all questions marked with an asterisk (*) require an answer
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change in the middle of the recruitment process
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload all the following required documents (mandatory):
- Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word version.
- Copies of Academic Certificates/Transcripts.
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Short Term Contract – STS (Temporary)
- Account assistant – financial reporting and treasury products section - FFCO.1
- Directors X5 (Climate change and green growth; Energy statistics, policy and regulation; Power systems development; Renewable energy; Transformative energy partnerships)
- 2017 Mo Ibrahim foundation leadership fellowship program