Expression of Interest for Junior Consultants
Various organizational units of the African Development Bank (the Bank) often require the services of Junior Consultants to work with more senior colleagues in their work. Such consultants are required to possess strong qualitative and analytical skills, be well versed in research techniques and should be committed to the social and economic development of countries in Africa.
The Bank provides a solid working experience in a multi-cultural environment. Junior consultants are generally needed in areas such as economics, finance, law, human resource development, IT, operations evaluation, social sciences, governance, private sector development etc.
Eligibility criteria for the recruitment of a Junior Consultant are:
- At least a Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in a relevant discipline related to the assignment;
- Be a national of one of the member countries of the Bank;
- Minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of relevant experience;
- Be under 32 years of age;
- Competent in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools);
- Fluent in French or English, with preferably a working knowledge of the other language.
The Bank will offer to selected individuals a contract that will not normally exceed six months duration.
Depending on qualifications and experience, an all-inclusive fee per month will be offered. In addition, for candidates who need to travel to take up this assignment, a return economy class air-ticket with the shortest route will be provided. The candidate will be responsible for obtaining personal health insurance at his or her own cost. The coverage should include all medical expenses, including those resulting from illness or injury incurred during the duration of the assignment.
The recruitment of Junior Consultants follows a very competitive selection process and only those applicants who have been selected will be contacted. The positions may be located either in the Temporary Headquarters in Tunis or in any of the Bank’s offices outside the temporary headquarters.
The assignment as a consultant is not an entry point for a career in the African Development Bank and no employment is guaranteed.
The existing assignments where Junior Consultants are required are given below. The terms of reference of the assignment, the period of engagement and the expected starting date are also indicated. To express your interest, you may send an electronic mail (to the address mentioned for a specific assignment) indicating the reasons for your interest and attaching a detailed CV in either a Word, PDF or in commonly used image format. The CV should include name, date of birth, academic history, training or other qualifications and detailed professional experience history. The contacts (name, address, e-mail and phone number) of at least three individuals not related to the applicant but who are familiar with his/her work, should also be included.
The selection will be based on the applicant’s CV and the evaluation criteria will be as follows:
- General qualification and suitability for the task to be performed 40%
- Experience in the specific assignment 40%
- Experience with international donor agencies 10%
- Language capacity 5%
- Knowledge of the region 5%
The African Development Bank reserves the right to cancel the process at any time without giving any reason.
- 06/07/2015 - SEFA doubled its grant portfolio to small- to medium- sized clean energy projects in 2014: report
- 03/07/2015 - African Development Bank Group approves debt relief for Chad
- 03/07/2015 - Skills that lead to jobs: AfDB provides US $62 million to support Technical and Vocational Education in Kenya