In order to ensure a smooth and an efficient management of the institution’s operations and activities, the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group has recently been organized to comprise six complexes managed by vice presidents and a chief economist.
Though each complex has specific missions, they however work very closely to ensure that the institution’s overall mission of helping development efforts on the continent with a view to reducing poverty is attained. Over the years, the Bank Group has continued to pursue its institutional reforms aimed at maximizing its development effectiveness and the quality of its operations, supporting efforts by its regional member countries and building their capacity to strengthen their economies.
The Bank has also consolidated its role as the continent's premier development finance institution, a knowledge and research centre as well as the pre-eminent voice for African development issues. To enhance coordination within the institution, a vice president and chief operations officer was recently appointed. For more information on complexes, please click on the links below.
- 21/10/2016 - Côte d’Ivoire and AfDB launch key economic diversification project
- 21/10/2016 - AfDB invests US $20 million in Rx Healthcare Fund for quality healthcare delivery in Africa
- 21/10/2016 - AfDB Evaluation Week to measure Africa’s transformation
- 21/10/2016 - AfDB Helps Morocco Prepare for COP22
- 20/10/2016 - La BAD accorde une ligne de crédit de 60 millions d’Euros pour financer le commerce en Tunisie