Ms. Cecilia Akintomide is the Secretary General (SEGL) of the African Development Bank. Prior to assuming the position in May 2010, she served in several positions in the Bank, including Division Manager for Public and Private Sector Operations, in the General Counsel and Legal Services (GECL) Department, and Chief Legal Counsel, Administrative and Institutional Affairs. Before joining the Bank, Ms. Akintomide worked in law firms in Nigeria and the United States of America, including O. Thomas & Co. (Solicitors) (Lagos, Nigeria) and Weil, Gotshal & Manges (New York, U.S.A.). Ms. Akintomide holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy, Ile-Ife, Nigeria), a Master of Laws Degree from both the University of Miami Law School (Florida, U.S.A.) and the University of Pennsylvania Law School (Pennsylvania, U.S.A), and is a member of both the Nigerian and New York State Bars.
- 26/09/2016 - Adesina stresses need for Nigeria to incentivize its way out of recession
- 26/09/2016 - Leaders stress support for creating decent employment for youth in Africa
- 26/09/2016 - Ghana wins US $24 million to restore and expand sustainable forests through innovative public-private partnership
- 26/09/2016 - BAD-Guinée Bissau : Revue annuelle conjointe de la coopération
- 26/09/2016 - AfDB President begins first official visit to Nigeria