The African Natural Resources Center (ANRC)
The African Natural Resources Center (ANRC) was created by the Bank in 2013 to deliver capacity building programs to African countries in natural resources management.
The scope combines renewable (water, forestry, land and fishery) and non-renewable (oil, gas and minerals) resources.
ANRC’s mandate is to assist African countries maximize development outcomes derived from Africa’s natural resources by boosting their capacity to achieve inclusive and sustained growth from natural resources.
Internally, the role of the Center is to bring cohesion to the Bank’s natural resources management initiatives, deepen knowledge and provide expertise to other Bank departments through country strategy papers.
More about the African Natural Resources Center
- 23/09/2016 - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina to visit Nigeria to strengthen partnership with major shareholders
- 23/09/2016 - AfDB President Adesina calls for bold action to Light up and power Africa
- 21/09/2016 - Partnership to support scaling up of nutrition in Cote d’Ivoire
- 21/09/2016 - NEPAD Regional Integration and Trade Department to host key stakeholders’ coordination meeting on Abidjan-Lagos and other West African Corridors
- 20/09/2016 - African Development Bank reiterates commitment to support women’s empowerment in the Sahel