Code of Conduct
The Bank has Code of Conduct for staff members and a separate Code of Conduct for Executive Directors. Their purpose is to outline basic principles of professional ethics expected from international civil servants, and is intended to provide guidance to Bank personnel to avoid situations of real or apparent conflict between their private interests and their public duties. They elucidate and supplement the relevant provisions of the Agreement Establishing the Bank ("AfDB Agreement"), the Staff Rules and Regulations, and other relevant legal instruments.
The Codes of Conduct do not set out to define every possible situation that may confront Bank personnel nor are they intended to be exhaustive or all inclusive. Bank personnel are expected to use their own good judgment or seek appropriate advice form the Head of Department or Unit, or the Director of Human Resources Management.
- 27/09/2016 - World Tourism Day 2016: The African Development Bank is contributing to improved access and infrastructure on the continent
- 27/09/2016 - AfDB in talks with CSOs on Africa’s transformative agenda
- 27/09/2016 - AfDB approves US $310 million Trade Facilitation Loan for Ecobank Transnational Incorporated
- 26/09/2016 - Adesina stresses need for Nigeria to incentivize its way out of recession
- 26/09/2016 - Leaders stress support for creating decent employment for youth in Africa