Code of Conduct
The Bank has Code of Conduct for staff members and a separate Code of Conduct for Executive Directors. Their purpose is to outline basic principles of professional ethics expected from international civil servants, and is intended to provide guidance to Bank personnel to avoid situations of real or apparent conflict between their private interests and their public duties. They elucidate and supplement the relevant provisions of the Agreement Establishing the Bank ("AfDB Agreement"), the Staff Rules and Regulations, and other relevant legal instruments.
The Codes of Conduct do not set out to define every possible situation that may confront Bank personnel nor are they intended to be exhaustive or all inclusive. Bank personnel are expected to use their own good judgment or seek appropriate advice form the Head of Department or Unit, or the Director of Human Resources Management.
- 02/12/2016 - African Economic Conference 2016: Ending hunger and enabling food security in Africa
- 02/12/2016 - Climate finance mobilization required to strengthen NDC ambition, says new report
- 02/12/2016 - Les agripreneurs africains à l’honneur
- 02/12/2016 - Report reveals 12% growth in financial commitments to Africa’s infrastructure development in 2015
- 02/12/2016 - Premier appui budgétaire de la BAD à la Mauritanie, destiné à diversifier l’économie du pays
- 02/12/2016 - 16TH African Water Facility Governing Council to meet in Abidjan