The Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department has the overriding mandate to carry out independent investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other sanctionable practices in Bank Group Financed Operations. “Bank Group Financed Operations” are internal corporate procurement issues and operations financed by the Bank Group. The Department also develops preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for corruption, fraud, misconduct and other sanctionable practices within Bank Group Financed Operations. IACD’s operational responsibilities further include risk assessments and employment of surveillance measures towards investigations.
IACD was established in November 2005 and became operational in June 2006. In order to further strengthen the Bank’s anti-corruption agenda, the Board of Directors approved the restructuring of the Department on the 5th of July 2012. IACD’s mandate is reflected in its independence, authority, access and operations provided in its terms of reference.
- 09/12/2016 - Nobel laureate Eric Maskin addresses issues of globalization and inequality at 11th African Economic Conference
- 09/12/2016 - 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence: Message from the President of the African Development Bank
- 09/12/2016 - Le Groupe de la BAD va injecter 84,63 millions d’euros dans l’employabilité des jeunes et la protection sociale au Gabon
- 09/12/2016 - “We are better equipped to deliver results ”, say East African CSOs at AfDB workshop in Nairobi
- 09/12/2016 - What Africa can learn from China’s Green Revolution in its agro-allied industrialization quest
- 09/12/2016 - “Anyone can report issues to us”: 3 questions for Bubacarr Sankareh, Head of Investigations in the AfDB’s Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department