Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 22/07/2016 - AfDB and Morocco, a model of partnership for nearly half a century
- 30/06/2016 - AfDB innovation awards aimed at promoting a new organisational culture
- 27/06/2016 - AfDB to improve performance, development impact under new Development and Business Delivery Model
- 27/06/2016 - African Development Bank accelerates pace with ‘High 5’ priorities
- 20/06/2016 - AfDB President, Quebec Premier discuss opportunities for investment, cooperation in energy, agro-industry sectors
- 30/06/2016 - Opening speech at the 2nd negotiations meeting of the African Development Fund, Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, Abidjan, 30 June 2016
- 13/06/2016 - Speech Delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina of the African Development Bank at the 7th African Agricultural Science Week and FARA General Assembly, held in Kigali, Rwanda, June 13, 2016
- 27/05/2016 - Closing Speech - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina at the African Development Bank Group 2016 Annual Meetings
- 24/05/2016 - Speech delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina at the opening session of the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group, Lusaka, Zambia, May 24, 2016
- 03/05/2016 - Allocution du Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Président du Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement, à la Séance d’ouverture de la réunion de travail avec la délégation sénégalaise
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President