Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 28/08/2016 - AfDB President urges countries to institutionalise systems to support agriculture trade
- 28/08/2016 - Visite officielle du Président de la BAD à Madagascar : Pour une coopération renforcée
- 27/08/2016 - AfDB President emphasises industrialising Africa plan to spur bond markets
- 26/08/2016 - Africa brimming with opportunity for Japanese investments, forum hears
- 26/08/2016 - AfDB President offers roadmap towards agriculture transformation at TICAD Summit
- 30/06/2016 - Opening speech at the 2nd negotiations meeting of the African Development Fund, Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, Abidjan, 30 June 2016
- 13/06/2016 - Speech Delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina of the African Development Bank at the 7th African Agricultural Science Week and FARA General Assembly, held in Kigali, Rwanda, June 13, 2016
- 27/05/2016 - Closing Speech - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina at the African Development Bank Group 2016 Annual Meetings
- 24/05/2016 - Speech delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina at the opening session of the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group, Lusaka, Zambia, May 24, 2016
- 03/05/2016 - Allocution du Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Président du Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement, à la Séance d’ouverture de la réunion de travail avec la délégation sénégalaise
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President