Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 03/05/2016 - La Banque africaine de développement soutient le « Plan Sénégal Emergent »
- 21/04/2016 - AfDB and Algeria redefine the foundations for strengthened partnership
- 19/04/2016 - The World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings: Much happens in the margins
- 19/04/2016 - President Adesina’s first official visit to Algeria aims to boost ties
- 18/04/2016 - Ending malnutrition to boost the brainpower and spur economic growth in Africa
- 21/04/2016 - Remarks delivered at the Global Nutrition Event, World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings by Akinwumi A. Adesina President African Development Bank Group, Washington, DC April 16, 2016
- 15/04/2016 - Remarks at Global Business Coalition for Education event by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, Washington, DC, April 14, 2016
- 17/03/2016 - Opening Speech at the First Meeting of the 14th Replenishment of the African Development Fund Delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group - March 17, 2016 - Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- 14/03/2016 - Speech delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina on the occasion of State Dinner hosted by President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of the Republic of Liberia - Monrovia, Liberia - March 10, 2016
- 21/02/2016 - Keynote Speech Delivered by African Development Bank Group President Akinwumi A. Adesina at the Africa 2016: Business for Egypt, Africa and World Conference, in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, on February 21, 2016
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President