Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 28/05/2016 - AfDB’s High 5s agenda gets backing from African Civil Society Organizations at closure of 2016 Annual Meetings
- 27/05/2016 - President Adesina reaffirms commitment to support African youth entrepreneurship
- 27/05/2016 - United States urges more African countries to join ‘Partnership against Illicit Finance’
- 27/05/2016 - Goodbye, Lusaka; on to Ahmedabad: Curtain falls on AfDB’s 2016 Annual Meetings
- 27/05/2016 - AfDB President pledges to support African Civil Society Organisations’ advocacy
- 27/05/2016 - Closing Speech - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina at the African Development Bank Group 2016 Annual Meetings
- 24/05/2016 - Speech delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina at the opening session of the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group, Lusaka, Zambia, May 24, 2016
- 03/05/2016 - Allocution du Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Président du Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement, à la Séance d’ouverture de la réunion de travail avec la délégation sénégalaise
- 21/04/2016 - Remarks delivered at the Global Nutrition Event, World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings by Akinwumi A. Adesina President African Development Bank Group, Washington, DC April 16, 2016
- 15/04/2016 - Remarks at Global Business Coalition for Education event by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, Washington, DC, April 14, 2016
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President