Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 05/12/2016 - Opening Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of African Development Bank, at the African Economic Conference, Abuja, December 5, 2016 on “Feed Africa: Towards Agro-allied Industrialization for Inclusive Growth”
- 05/12/2016 - Allocution du Dr Akinwumi A. Adesina, Président du Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement, à l’occasion de la Conférence des bailleurs de fonds et des investisseurs de Madagascar, Paris, 1-2 décembre 2016
- 28/11/2016 - “Africa deserves more, not less”
- 21/11/2016 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Africa Day jointly organized by the European Investment Bank and the African Development Bank, November 21, 2016, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- 17/11/2016 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Summit of African Heads of State, COP 22, November 16, 2016, Marrakech, Morocco
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 06/12/2016 - The promise of Africa’s youth may lie in agro-alliance
- 05/12/2016 - African Economic Conference opens in Abuja: Agricultural transformation on the agenda
- 05/12/2016 - The African Development Bank Group Appoints Ms. Atsuko Toda as Director for Agricultural Finance and Rural Development
- 24/11/2016 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Mr. Mohamed El Azizi as Director General, North Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office
- 24/11/2016 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Dr. Tonia Kandiero as Director General, Southern Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office