Chief Operating Officer
To ensure a greater efficient coordination of AfDB activities, the institution’s president in 2008 created the position of a chief operating officer (COO) who is an executive bank staff responsible for supporting the institution’s president in his day-to-day management activities by essentially ensuring the effective implementation of key decisions, coherence and coordination across various Bank entities.
The COO is also responsible for identifying and advising the president on emerging issues of corporate significance that affect strategic management and resource allocation. He is also responsible for relevant senior management discussion and he also supervises the institution’s budget and strategy department as well as the performance management group. He is the point of reference for any issue on which there has been no agreement at other consensus building organs, therefore requiring the president to make a final decision.
- 21/05/2013 - African Development Bank to host Innovative Financing Seminar on Infrastructure and Diaspora bonds
- 21/05/2013 - AfDB Builds Capacity in Education through Education Research Awards
- 21/05/2013 - Cross River State: Rural Access and Mobility Project in Nigeria
- 20/05/2013 - AfDB Project Integrates Nomadic Peoples into Mainstream Education in Nigeria
- 20/05/2013 - Croissance verte droit devant : le Plan Maroc Vert