Recommendation by the Director, CRMU and the IRM Experts for a Compliance Review
The Director of CRMU and the IRM Experts shall determine eligibility of requests for compliance review. They shall within 30 days after such determination, submit a Report to the Boards of Directors or the President (depending on the status of the project approval) including recommendation to authorize or not a Compliance Review.
Once the review is approved by the Boards of Directors or the President, the three IRM Experts shall constitute the Compliance Review Panels to undertake the review and receive the administrative and technical support from CRMU.
The Compliance Review Panel shall conduct the Compliance Review in accordance with the authorized Terms of Reference and time frame. The Compliance Review Panel may:
- Solicit additional oral or written information from, or hold meetings with, the requestors and any interested party;
- Undertake site visits to the project(s) in issue;
- Retain additional expertise (consultants) to assist with an inquiry, assessment, review or exercise of specific issues; and
- Upon completion of its investigations, the Compliance Review Panel shall within 30 days write and submit the Compliance Report to the Boards of Directors or the President (depending on the status of the project approval ) including its findings and recommendations for:
- Any remedial change in the scope or implementation of the Bank financed project;
- Any remedial change to systems or procedures of the Bank to avoid a recurrence of similar noncompliance which resulted in complaints about harm; and
- Any further steps to be undertaken to monitor the implementation of the remedial action plans referred to above.
Upon receipt of the Compliance Review Report by the President or the Boards of Directors, the AfDB Management shall prepare a response and an action plan based on the findings of the Compliance Review Report. They shall submit it to the President, the Boards of Directors, CRMU and the Requestors within 90 days. Within 30 days from the date on which the Response and Action Plan are distributed to the Boards of Directors, the AfDB Management will consult with CRMU and agree on a date for a joint presentation of the Compliance Review Report and Management’s Response and Action Plan to the Boards.
The finding and recommendations of a Compliance Review Report shall be decided upon by the Boards of Directors or the President (depending on the status of the project approval).
IRM Operating Rules and Procedures (126 KB)
IRM Presentation (0.9 MB)