Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28.
He succeeds Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 25/11/2015 - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina commends Ethiopia for its economic performance and key role to reduce fragility
- 25/11/2015 - AfDB President in Paris for decisive co-financing agreement with French Development Agency
- 23/11/2015 - Adesina in Ethiopia for two-day mission
- 22/11/2015 - Making agriculture a business can help solve African cities’ problems, says AfDB President Adesina
- 16/11/2015 - AfDB President pays visit to French Ambassador in wake of terrorist attacks in Paris
- 20/11/2015 - Keynote Address Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Paris Forum on Debt and Development, organized by the Paris Club and the G20, on November 20, 2015
- 23/10/2015 - Closing Remarks by Akinwumi Adesina, President African Development Bank Group - Closing Ceremony of the Dakar Conference on African Agricultural Transformation - 23 October 2015 - Dakar, Senegal
- 21/10/2015 - Opening Speech delivered by African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina at the High-Level Conference on Feeding Africa: An Action Plan for African Agricultural Transformation
- 12/10/2015 - Remarks delivered by AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina at Signing Ceremony of Sharm El-Sheikh Airport Development Project Loan Facility with the Government of Egypt
- 10/10/2015 - Remarks delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina of the African Development Bank at the Ministerial Meeting on Climate Finance at the World Bank and IMF Annual Meeting in Lima, Peru, October 9, 2015
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President