About the President
Elected by the Board of Governors, on the recommendation of the Board of Directors, the President is the Chief Executive and conducts the business of the Bank. The President is also the legal representative of the Bank.
The AfDB President is also the President of the Fund as well as the Chairman of the Board of Directors. He determines the organizational structure, functions and responsibilities as well as the regional and country representation offices. He proposes to the Board of Directors the appointment of the Vice-Presidents who assist him in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group.
Je suis très fier de Mr KABERUKA qui a su faire de cette Banque une Institution solide et dynamique et côtée à l'echelle mondiale. J'apprécie à sa juste valeur la nouvelle structure institutionnelle mis en place sous son initiative et qui répond actuellement aux besoins de développement du continent.
Enfin, je souhaite plein succès pour le bon accomplissement des actions futures.
I personally wish you success and congratulation to you and your family.
- 19/06/2013 - G8 pledges strong support for AfDB infrastructure agenda
- 19/06/2013 - AfDB and United Nations University Sign Memorandum of Understanding on Sustainable Development in Africa
- 17/06/2013 - AfDB President Applauds G8 for Emphasis on Greater Transparency in Taxation
- 17/06/2013 - British PM praises AfDB, Kaberuka for Africa infrastructure work
- 17/06/2013 - Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Hosts Fruitful Meeting of the High Level Panel on Fragile States