Moderator: Mr. Eric Kacou, CEO, Entrepreneurial Solutions Partners
- Hon. Maria Kiwanuka, Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Uganda
- S. E. Mme Bouare Fily Sissoko, Ministre de l’Economie, des Finances et du Budget, Mali
- Hon. Alexander Bwalya Chikwanda, Minister of Finance, Zambia
- Mr. Felix Bikpo, CEO, African Guarantee Fund
- Mr. Ashish Thakkar, CEO, Mara Group
Rapporteur: Mr. Mouhamadou Niang, Ag. Director, Private Sector Department, AfDB
It is increasingly recognized that solutions to Africa should not exclusively come from an increase in development assistance funds, but also from practical bottom-up solutions aiming at enabling local private sector hatching – and more particularly the SME sector that has proven to be a very effective engine to growth and job creation in more advanced countries. The private sector and African enterprise are major drivers of growth and job creation – particularly the SME sector. The objective of the event is to promote education and cultural change by stimulating enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and educating a mass audience in the basics of business planning and the realities of starting a business. The event will therefore discuss in detail capacity and skills development for young African entrepreneurs; gender disparities and economic opportunities for marginalized groups; youth empowerment to create viable businesses and job opportunities; technical advice and tips to operate successful businesses; and mentorship and coaching opportunities.