Aid for Trade and Regional Integration
- Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2012
- Venue: Arusha International Conference Center
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Valentine Rugwabiza, Deputy Director General, World Trade Organization (Chaiperson)
- Erastus Mwencha, Deputy Chairperson and Acting Commissioner for Trade and Industry, African Union Commission
- Richard Sezibera, Secretary General, East African Community (EAC)
- Kadré, Désiré Ouedraogo, President, Economic Commission for West African States (ECOWAS)
- Sergio Mujica, Deputy Secretary General, World Customs Organization.
Aid for Trade and regional integration could help African economies achieve economies of scale, enhance their productive capacities and promote reforms to facilitate cross-border trade, investments, financial flows and migration. It could also provide additional benefits such as enhancing food security by facilitating greater intra-African trade in food products, and supporting the development of international production chains.