Launch of the 2011 African Development Report and Discussions on Bank Group Strategic Orientations on Private Sector
- Date: Monday, 28 May 2012
- Venue: Arusha International Congress Center
- Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Chair: Prof.Mthuli Ncube, Chief Economist and Vice-President, African Development Bank Group
- Mr. Issa Faye,Manager, African Development Bank Group
- Mrs. Thouraya Triki, Senior Research Economist, African Development Bank Group
- Mr. Désiré Vencatachellum,Director, AfricanDevelopment Bank Group
- Mr. Kapil Kapoor, Director, African Development Bank Group
- Mr. Ziad Oueslati, Partner, Tuninvest
- Mr. Vincent Le Guennou, CEO, EmergingCapital Partners
- Mr. Elias Masilela, CEO, Public Investment Corporation of South Africa
- Mr. Omari Issa, CEO, Investment Climate Facility
- Mr. TimTurner, Director, African Development Bank Group
The development of the private sector in Africa has been a major focus of the African Development Bank Group The Bank over almost a decade has increased its analytical work, policy dialogue, and policy and institutional support financing operations and has expanded its catalytic operations in support of private sector and para-state enterprises. This has contributed to creating a new dynamism owed both to increasingly vibrant private sectors and to governments that are living up to their commitments to create conditions that are attractive to investors and business operators and that are more conducive to private sector development and accelerated economic transformation. To better understand those dynamics, the 2011 African Development Report focused on private sector development as the engine of Africa’s economic development and examines the challenges facing private sector development, and highlights ways to address these challenges.