The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Applicants are required to apply on line. Please note that only complete applications will be processed (all information requested on line should be provided).
Applicants are also requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
The Internship Program is being revised. More information on the dates for new applications will be communicated in due course.
- Session I: January through April.
- Session II: June through September.
Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (“Units of Account” - AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in January 2015 is 1 UA= US $1.51558 = 1.14840 euro = 753.303 FCFA).
Interns are responsible for their travel fare to and from the location of their internship, for their visa if applicable. They are required to have international medical insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
All enquiries regarding the internship program should be addressed to:
Human Resources Management Department
African Development Bank
Immeuble du Centre de commerce International d’Abidjan (CCIA)
Avenue Jean-Paul II
01 BP 1387
Abidjan 01, Côte d'Ivoire
- Principal Strategy Officer - COSP
- Division Manager, Financial Inclusion (OFSD.2)
- Division Manager – Capital Markets & Financial Operations
- Director- Human Resources