“The Adoption of the Paris Agreement shows that the world understands that with climate change there are no winners and no losers. Either we all win together, or we all lose together,” the President of the AfDB Group, Akinwumi Adesina, said Sunday. “The Summit marked a historic moment, when 195 countries chose to stand on the side of justice and common sense. And the voice of Africa has been heard – loud and clear.”
Read the full declaration |#AfricaCOP21
Organized by the AfDB, the African Union / NEPAD and ECA, the Africa Pavilion displays a dense and varied program of about 100 events (debates, roundtables, presentations, photo exhibits...), different perspectives on the climate change issues specific to Africa.
- 16/04/2016 - The future of Africa lies inside Africa
- 13/04/2016 - The future of food
- 11/04/2016 - 6 months into office, President Adesina shares his vision for the Bank and for Africa
- 29/03/2016 - Paris Agreement on climate change places Africa at the fulcrum of renewable energy deployment, experts agree
- 09/03/2016 - AfDB receives Green Climate Fund accreditation to increase low-carbon and climate-resilient development in Africa