- Growth is expected to accelerate in 2012/13 thanks to a resumption of port activities and foreign direct investment (FDI).
- The country conducts prudent macroeconomic policies and pursues the structural reforms agreed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- More than 70% of the population live in poverty and more than half of those of working age have no jobs.
- 16/12/2011 - The African Development Fund Supports the Education Sector in Eritrea with a USD 19.2 million Grant
- 25/11/2011 - Domestic Resource Mobilization for Poverty Reduction in East Africa: Lessons for Tax Policy and Administration
- 28/05/2010 - AfDB-Eritrea: USD 12.9 Million Grant To Support Higher Education
|Area:||118,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2012:||5.6 Million|
|Urban Population 2012:||22.61%|
|Female Population 2012:||50.68%|
|GDP:||US$ 3.1 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2012:||US$ 430|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||34.78%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||181|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.351|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2012):||UA 105.7 Million|