- Economic growth is estimated at 4.9% in 2013 and is projected to accelerate to 5.7% in 2014.
- Having witnessed drastic currency depreciation and rapid inflation in 2011, the economy experienced stability for both indicators in 2012 and 2013 with inflation dropping to a single digit. This stability is expected to continue in 2014.
- International Criminal Court proceedings against six Kenyans dominated the political scene in 2012 and 2013 and will likely be the focus again in 2014 as cases against three people continue.
- 31/07/2014 - African Water Facility promotes private sanitation venture to curb water-borne diseases and turn waste into energy in Kenya
- 27/05/2014 - NEPAD calls for partnership with AfDB to drive implementation of regional programmes
- 07/05/2014 - AfDB President Donald Kaberuka supports “Visa free travel in Africa”
|Area:||580,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2013:||44.4 Million|
|Urban Population 2013:||24.78%|
|Female Population 2013:||50.11%|
|GDP:||US$ 44.9 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2013:||US$ 860|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||34.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||145|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.519|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2013):||UA 1.6 Billion|