- The economy experienced moderate growth of 4.4% in 2011 and 4.2% in 2012 and is expected to reach 4.5% in 2013 and 5.2% in 2014.
- Having witnessed drastic currency depreciation and rapid inflation in 2011, the economy experienced stability for both indicators in 2012. This stability is expected to continue in 2013.
- International Criminal Court (ICC) proceedings against six Kenyans dominated the political scene in 2011 and 2012 and are likely to continue as the cases against four of the six accused persons move to full trial in summer 2013.
- 28/11/2013 - Six African countries get new support to bolster private sector’s role in climate action
- 26/11/2013 - AfDB and African Virtual University discuss benefits of e-learning
- 06/11/2013 - AfDB rolls out the first capacity building program on Value for Money in Social Service Delivery in East Africa
|Area:||580,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2012:||42.7 Million|
|Urban Population 2012:||22.89%|
|Female Population 2012:||50.05%|
|GDP:||US$ 40.7 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2012:||US$ 820|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||37.06%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||145|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.519|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2012):||UA 1.4 Billion|