- Somalia’s largely informal economy is characterised by major information and data gaps, making estimates of economic aggregates highly uncertain.
- Significant progress has been made in peace- and state-building and in the economic recovery programme, helped by substantial support from donors.
- Despite the long conflict, Somalia has a vibrant and dynamic private sector in its more stable regions.
- 08/10/2014 - African Development Bank: Partner of choice for the Eastern Africa we want
- 27/05/2014 - AfDB reaffirms support to Somalia’s reconstruction
- 20/12/2013 - AfDB supports Somalia in its economic and governance reforms with a grant of US$ 3.8 million
- 06/11/2013 - AfDB rolls out the first capacity building program on Value for Money in Social Service Delivery in East Africa
- 30/05/2013 - AfDB Supports Drought Resilience Programmes in the Horn of Africa and the Sahel
T.A Expert in Aid Coordination Project
Economic and Financial Governance Institutional Support Project
|Area:||638,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2013:||10.5 Million|
|Urban Population 2013:||38.68%|
|Female Population 2013:||50.26%|
|GNI Per Capita 2013:||-|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||43.77%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||0|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||-|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2013):||UA 155.8 Million|