Overview of North Africa
North African countries hold an important place in the Bank Group's history: all were present in Khartoum (Sudan), when newly independent African countries gathered to discuss the creation of a premier financial institution for Africans, by Africans. All signed the Agreement establishing the Bank in 1964, and all, with the exception of Libya, subscribed to the Bank's capital stock, contributing upwards of USD80 million (or about 40%) in funds so that operations could begin in 1967.
- 02/12/2016 - Premier appui budgétaire de la BAD à la Mauritanie, destiné à diversifier l’économie du pays
- 25/11/2016 - Phase two of Africa Climate change adaptation initiative kicks off, promoters are optimistic
- 25/11/2016 - As Phase 2 of Africa Adaptation Initiative approaches, COP 22 promoters are optimistic
- 25/11/2016 - 10/12/2016 - Campaign for the 16 Days of activism: Orange the World: Raise Money to End Violence against Women
- 02/12/2016 - 02/12/2016 - 16TH African Water Facility Governing Council to meet in Abidjan
- 05/12/2016 - 07/12/2016 - African Economic Conference 2016: “Feeding Africa: Towards Agro-Allied Industrialization for Inclusive Growth”
- 15/12/2016 - 16/12/2016 - AfDB/AFMI 5th Annual Local Currency Bonds and Financial Sector Development Conference/Workshop
Did you know?
In 2013, North Africa posted a growth rate of 1.9%, or a drop of approximately eight percentage points when compared to 2012. It is expected to see growth of 3.1% in 2014 and 5.5% in 2015.
|P-EG-AAC-025|| NATIONAL DRAINAGE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MA-IAD-002|| MIC-SYSTEME D'INFORMATION POUR L'AMELIORATION DE LA GOUVERNANCE ET L'INTEGRATION REGIONALE DE L'UEFM ||ApprovedAPVD|