- Angola’s GDP grew 5.1% in 2013, below the target figure, but a new burst is expected from 2014.
- Despite good economic indicators, policies are needed to lift Angolans out of poverty.
- Investment is needed in skills and infrastructure to improve human development.
Since resuming operations in the country in 2001, at the end of civil war, the Bank Group has regularly provided diversified support to Angola’s development efforts characterized by the following sector distribution: agriculture, rural development and environment (49%); social, including health and education (27%); water and sanitation (16%); and multi-sector (8%). To date, the AfDB Group has provided eight loans valued at a total of US $122.4 billion.
- 23/07/2014 - AfDB President to pay official visit to Angola for signing of loan agreement for Power Sector Budget Support Program
- 07/04/2014 - Bank Group approves accelerated repayment and voluntary prepayment of ADF loans
- 03/12/2013 - AfDB and Government of Angola sign loan agreement for Artisanal Fisheries Support Project
Angola field office
Banco Africano de Desenvolvimento
Rua Rei Katyavala Building Rei Katyavala Ingombota
Tel : +244 937240847/ +244 930049256/+244 935565656
Mr. Septime Martin, Resident Representative
|Area:||1,246,700 sq km|
|Total Population 2013:||21.5 Million|
|Urban Population 2013:||60.74%|
|Female Population 2013:||50.42%|
|GDP:||US$ 123.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2013:||US$ 4,580|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||44.12%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||148|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.508|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2013):||UA 397.2 Million|