- The rate of growth is forecast to speed up in 2012 and 2013.
- Most public sector reforms have been slowed, or even halted, by the political crisis.
- The nationwide level of unemployment is 3.8% while that of young people is 5.9%. But there is a very high level of underemployment, which stands at 42.2%.
Cooperation between the African Development Bank) and Botswana dates back to 1972. As of October 2012, the Bank had financed 50 operations (41 loan projects, seven institutional support operations, and two studies) valued at approximately US $2.1 billion. Bank-funded projects are primarily in the areas of infrastructure (power, transport, water and sanitation, communication), agriculture, finance and multi-sector.
- 09/11/2012 - Could Oil Shine like Diamonds: How Botswana Avoided the Resource Curse and its Implications for a New Libya
- 24/10/2012 - South Africa - A Multi-Stakeholder Consultation on the AfDB’s Human Capital Development Strategy 2013-2017
- 24/07/2012 - Interview by Moono Muputola, Manager, Regional Integration and Trade, AfDB: “Well-Regulated Commodity Exchanges are of Critical Importance for Africa’s Development”
Wastewater Reuse and Water Harvesting for Irrigation Study
Statistical Capacity Building Programme - Phase II (SCB II)
Categories: Economic & Financial Governance
African Development Bank Group
339 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Highveld Ext. 78
Tel: +27 12 003 6900
Mr Ebrima Faal, Regional Director
|Area:||582,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2012:||2.1 Million|
|Urban Population 2012:||62.54%|
|Female Population 2012:||49.46%|
|GDP:||US$ 14.8 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2012:||US$ 7,480|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||23.00%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||119|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.634|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2012):||UA 1.5 Billion|