- Driven by agriculture and trade, real GDP growth is estimated at 5.0% in 2013, down from 5.4% in 2012.
- Reforms have continued in public finances and in the port sector, but a clear national strategy remains to be defined for managing the cotton sector.
- Global value chains (GVCs) are embryonic in Benin, but some activity sectors may
be integrated into them provided the constraints weighing on the private sector are eased.
Cooperation between the African Development Bank and Benin dates back to 1972. Financing provided by the Bank since that date amounts to UA 709 million, corresponding nearly to FCFA 550 billion, and covering several areas. The Bank’s investments in this country are as follows: transport, 27.8 per cent; agriculture, 26.3 per cent; multi-sector, 18.8 per cent; social sector, 15.8 per cent, electricity, water, sanitation and communication, 10.5 per cent; finance 0.5 per cent and industry 0.3 per cent.
- 16/10/2014 - AfDB approves US $231 million for building resilience to food and nutrition insecurity in the Sahel
- 23/09/2014 - Benin - AfDB supports SMEs with 1 million euros to enhance inclusive growth and job creation
- 22/09/2014 - Benin - AfDB approves US$ 58.50 million for Parakou Urban Transport Project
- 25/08/2014 - Just released: the West Africa Monitor Quarterly, Issue 3
- 23/07/2014 - AfDB’s New Rice for Africa dissemination project receives US Treasury Award for Development Impact
Programme d’urgence en faveur des communes de Malanville et Karimama affectées par les inondations
Projet d’appui aux infrastructures rurales Vallée L'Ouémé
Department West Africa Region
Mr. Franck Perrault, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
Phone: (+225) 20 20 40 46
|Area:||112,620 sq km|
|Total Population 2013:||10.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2013:||46.22%|
|Female Population 2013:||50.17%|
|GDP:||US$ 8.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2013:||US$ 750|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.41%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||166|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.436|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2013):||UA 665.3 Million|