- 17/08/2015 - President Kaberuka receives Benin’s highest honours
- 28/11/2014 - The West Africa Monitor Quarterly, Issue 4 Unleashing the agro-industry potential of the region
- 16/10/2014 - AfDB approves US $231 million for building resilience to food and nutrition insecurity in the Sahel
- 23/09/2014 - Benin - AfDB supports SMEs with 1 million euros to enhance inclusive growth and job creation
- 22/09/2014 - Benin - AfDB approves US$ 58.50 million for Parakou Urban Transport Project
- 25/08/2014 - Just released: the West Africa Monitor Quarterly, Issue 3
- Growth in 2014, estimated at 5.5%, was driven by the agricultural and services sectors and by the country’s dynamic construction industry.
- Based on the implementation of the structural-investments programme, growth is projected at 5.6% in 2015 and 6.0% in 2016, but will depend on how the political and social environment evolves.
- Reducing regional disparities remains a challenge in Benin and will require implementing a spatial-inclusion policy and promoting regional business clusters.
Cooperation between the African Development Bank and Benin dates back to 1972. Financing provided by the Bank since that date amounts to UA 709 million, corresponding nearly to FCFA 550 billion, and covering several areas. The Bank’s investments in this country are as follows: transport, 27.8 per cent; agriculture, 26.3 per cent; multi-sector, 18.8 per cent; social sector, 15.8 per cent, electricity, water, sanitation and communication, 10.5 per cent; finance 0.5 per cent and industry 0.3 per cent.
|P-BJ-AA0-009|| Programme d’urgence en faveur des communes de Malanville et Karimama affectées par les inondations ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-BJ-AA0-005|| Projet d’appui aux infrastructures rurales Vallée L'Ouémé ||ApprovedAPVD|
Department West Africa Region
Mr. Franck Perrault, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
Phone: (+225) 20 20 40 46
|Area:||112,620 sq km|
|Total Population 2013:||10.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2013:||46.22%|
|Female Population 2013:||50.17%|
|GDP:||US$ 8.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2013:||US$ 750|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.41%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||166|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.436|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2013):||UA 665.3 Million|