- The economy grew strongly for the fourth straight year in 2015, with booming agriculture, a better business climate, returning investors, but also international uncertainty; these trends should continue in 2016 and 2017.
- The incumbent president was re-elected in October 2015 in a peaceful vote that was a big step in consolidating peace and economic confidence in the country.
- Towns and cities have emerged because of the physical expansion of exported raw-material areas, but these urban centres are not very attractive because of poor electricity supply, inadequate logistics and fragmented regional policies.
|Area:||322,460 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||20.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||52.76%|
|Female Population 2015:||49.03%|
|GDP:||US$ 27.9 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 1,220|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.59%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||168|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.432|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 2.0 Billion|
|P-Z1-CZ0-013|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_CAMEROUN |
|P-Z1-CZ0-014|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_NIGER |
- 21/10/2016 - Côte d’Ivoire and AfDB launch key economic diversification project
- 19/10/2016 - “If youth is our future, then we are already behind schedule,” AfDB President tells West African Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment in Africa
- 18/10/2016 - AfDB President Akinwumi A. Adesina’s Opening Remarks at “Jobs for Youth in Africa” West African Ministerial Conference - 18 October, 2016 - Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Department West Africa Region
Mr. Franck Perrault, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
Phone: (+225) 20 20 40 46