Generating Knowledge, Sharing Knowledge
The Africa Competitiveness Report 2013 indicates that Africa’s growth should be complemented by gains in competitiveness since many African countries are ranked among the least competitive economies in the world. Although there are important disparities across the continent, low levels of regional integration and infrastructure deficit have been identified as the main barriers to improved productivity, economic diversification, private sector development and spatial inclusion. These challenges are particularly prominent in landlocked countries and should be prioritized by Africa’s policy-makers.
- 21/05/2013 - AfDB Builds Capacity in Education through Education Research Awards
- 14/03/2013 - Will the CFA Franc have to be devaluated again?
- 28/02/2013 - Country Economic/Thematic Review Meeting: “Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries: Rethinking Budgetary Aid?”
- 28/02/2013 - Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries Rethinking Budgetary Aid?
- 26/02/2013 - US-Africa Trade Up More Than 500% But Many African Countries Losing Out, Washington-based Expert Tells AfDB Staff