Transboundary Water Resources Management
- Course title: Transboundary Water Resources Management
- Course dates: 18/10/2010 - 22/10/2010
- Course language: English Français
- Course agency: AFDB
- Course country: Tunis, Tunisia
- Course city:
This course is intended for managers of administrative services/department of water resources and territorial development of African countries, basin organizations and sub-regional economic organizations.
The participants should have experience in the formulation and implementation of regional strategies for cross-border water resources management (CWRM). Knowledge in institutional framework for the CWRM and development of cross-border basins is also required.
The objective of the seminar is to improve the capacities of policy-makers, as well as administrative and technical senior staff in the management of cross-border water resources, particularly through better knowledge of the situation on the continent and the relevant policies and strategies, as well as exchange of experiences of the various cross-border basins.
The content of the seminar is as follo
- Current situation in Africa as regards cross-border water resources management (CWRM);
- Regional policies and strategies in cross-border water resources management (policies and strategies of regional economic organizations, ADB policy, AU recommendations, NEPAD…);
- Institutional framework for CWRM (basin organization, inter-State joint commissions, standing committees of basins, etc);
- Development and implementation of master plans/ IWRM or development of cross-border basins: ongoing experiences and lessons;
- Multi-actor and inter-institutional consultation frameworks for CWRM; and
- Inter-basin water transfer; political and water security stakes.