Nooman REBEI is Research Economist in the Networking and Research Partnerships Division in the Development Research Department. Before working at the African Development Bank, Nooman Rebei held the position of Principal Research economist in the International Department of the Central Bank of Canada from 2002 until 2008, in addition to being Principal Research visitor to the Central Bank of Spain in 2007. He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Quebec at Montreal-Canada since 2002 specializing in Employment, economic fluctuations and international economics. Also he holds a master's degree in economics of natural resources from Laval University received in 1996.
In addition to his earlier work on the conduct of fiscal policy, his areas of research concern, macroeconomic modelling, monetary policy, the impact of rising prices for raw materials, the analysis of well-being, and applied macroeconomics. He is currently working on the impact of the rising price of oil as well as the construction of a new model that will be used for forecasting and policy recommendation.
- Hafedh Bouakez and Nooman Rebei (2008) “Has Exchange Rate Pass-Through Really Declined? Evidence from Canada,” Forthcoming, Journal of International Economics.
- Robert Amano, Steve Ambler, and Nooman Rebei (2007) “The Macroeconomic effects of Non-zero Trend Inflation,” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, 39 (7), 1821–-1838.
- Hafedh Bouakez and Nooman Rebei (2007) “Why Does Private Consumption Rise After a Government Spending Shock?” Canadian Journal of Economics, 40 (3), 954–-979.
- Nooman Rebei and Eva Ortega (2005) “The Welfare Implications of Inflation versus Price-Level Targeting in a Two-Sector, Small Open Economy,” Proceedings of the Bank of Canada Conference: Issues in Inflation Targeting. April 2005.
- Anyanwu, John Chukwudi
- Arvanitis, Yannis
- Faye, Issa
- Gajigo, Ousman
- Kangoye, Thierry
- Krüger, Ralf
- Moummi, Ahmed
- Mthuli, Ncube
- Moyo, Jennifer Mbabazi
- Mutambatsere, Emelly
- Ndiaye, Guirane Samba
- Oduor, Jacob
- Ondiege, Peter
- Osei, Barfour
- Salami, Adeleke
- Triki, Thouraya
- Verdier-Chouchane, Audrey
- Yaméogo, Nadège Désirée
- 27/05/2013 - Natural Resources Can Fuel Africa’s Economic Transformation
- 21/05/2013 - AfDB Builds Capacity in Education through Education Research Awards
- 09/05/2013 - Regional Integration Key to Africa’s Future Competitiveness
- 14/03/2013 - Will the CFA Franc have to be devaluated again?
- 28/02/2013 - Country Economic/Thematic Review Meeting: “Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries: Rethinking Budgetary Aid?”
- 28/02/2013 - Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries Rethinking Budgetary Aid?
- 26/02/2013 - US-Africa Trade Up More Than 500% But Many African Countries Losing Out, Washington-based Expert Tells AfDB Staff
- 19/02/2013 - The AfDB is Launching Africa’s Information Highway
- 14/02/2013 - AfDB 2013 Annual Meetings to debate Africa’s Structural Transformation
- 12/02/2013 - Diaspora Bonds in an African Context