Peter Walkenhorst is Division Manager in the Research Department of the African Development Bank. He is responsible for supervising, undertaking and disseminating research and analysis on macroeconomics, trade, and development, including the annual African Economic Outlook report.
Prior to joining the AfDB, he worked as Senior Economist in the World Bank’s Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Network, and as Economist in the OECD’s Departments for Economics, Trade, and Agriculture.
He has published more than hundred research papers, including seven books and more than sixty contributions to edited volumes or professional journals. He received a Ph.D. in applied economics from Stanford University, an MBA from Imperial College London, and degrees in agricultural sciences and economics from University of Bonn.
- Anyanwu, John Chukwudi
- Arvanitis, Yannis
- Faye, Issa
- Gajigo, Ousman
- Kangoye, Thierry
- Krüger, Ralf
- Moummi, Ahmed
- Mthuli, Ncube
- Moyo, Jennifer Mbabazi
- Mutambatsere, Emelly
- Ndiaye, Guirane Samba
- Oduor, Jacob
- Ondiege, Peter
- Osei, Barfour
- Salami, Adeleke
- Triki, Thouraya
- Verdier-Chouchane, Audrey
- Yaméogo, Nadège Désirée
- 21/05/2013 - AfDB Builds Capacity in Education through Education Research Awards
- 14/03/2013 - Will the CFA Franc have to be devaluated again?
- 28/02/2013 - Country Economic/Thematic Review Meeting: “Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries: Rethinking Budgetary Aid?”
- 28/02/2013 - Promoting Economic Reforms in Developing Countries Rethinking Budgetary Aid?
- 26/02/2013 - US-Africa Trade Up More Than 500% But Many African Countries Losing Out, Washington-based Expert Tells AfDB Staff
- 19/02/2013 - The AfDB is Launching Africa’s Information Highway
- 14/02/2013 - AfDB 2013 Annual Meetings to debate Africa’s Structural Transformation
- 12/02/2013 - Diaspora Bonds in an African Context
- 06/12/2012 - Forum on Youth Unemployment Sets the Stage for 2012 Launch of the African Economic Outlook in Cairo
- 05/12/2012 - Atelier régional sur le gouvernement électronique pour les pays de la SADC à Maseru