Bank Group President Attends African Regional Integration Conference in London
|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group President, Donald Kaberuka, will, on Thursday, March 4, 2010, attend the Joining Up Africa Conference on Regional Integration scheduled to take place in London, England.
The conference aims at enabling African institutions, donors, investors, businesspeople and other stakeholders figure out how to work together in a more effective manner with a view to maintaining momentum in efforts at attaining greater regional integration in Africa.
The conference will bring together high level government officials, as well as representatives of regional economic communities, pan-African institutions, donors, investors, business entities and the academia.
The conference will, in particular, seek to:
- Support and maintain political and donor momentum behind the African regional economic integration agenda;
- Improve the way African institutions, including pan-African and regional organizations and donors work together; and
- Enhance the role of businesses in efforts at attaining regional economic integration with a view to maximizing the impact of private sector investment in regional programmes.
Hosted by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the conference is jointly organized with the African Union Commission, the African Development Bank, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, the World Bank, the European Commission, the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa, and the UK Trade and Investment.
- Program (6.9 MB)
- Conference Background Paper (369 kB)
- Speakers Biographies (6.8 MB)
- Report on Financial Sector Integration in Three Regions of Africa (9.8 kB)
- AfDB and Infrastructure: The Road to Sustainable development and to Regional Integration in Africa (157 kB)
- 2009-2012 - Bank Group Regional Integration Strategy (493 kB)
- Joining up Africa - DFID (1.2 MB)