Performance monitoring techniques in project management
The objective of using performance monitoring techniques as a key element in the management of projects is to:
- Provide the management of the EA, the borrower and the Bank with an effective means of measuring the progress of a project, its components, and the adequacy and timeliness of the provision and use of funds.
- Regularly assess the achievement of or the potential for achieving technical, financial, and economic goals of the project.
- Determine the form and nature of corrective actions necessary to achieve goals monitored by performance indicators.
- Assist in defining new or modified performance measures that may be more effective, and to replace any that may be ineffective.
- 21/08/2014 - SEFA grants US $950,000 to support Solar Power Plant in Burkina Faso
- 19/08/2014 - $210 million response: AfDB steps up efforts to curb Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- 13/08/2014 - Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa supports Mali in promoting renewable energy
- 31/07/2014 - African Water Facility promotes private sanitation venture to curb water-borne diseases and turn waste into energy in Kenya
- 07/07/2014 - AfDB approves USD 75 million non-sovereign guarantee corporate loan for energy project in Southern Tunisia