Lines of Credit
One of the Bank’s important objectives is to encourage development of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) on the continent, as is the development of private financial institutions (PFIs). To this end the Bank offers lines of credit to PFIs for on-lending to SMEs. The terms of the lines of credit specify the conditions under which Bank funds will be provided to the PFI for on-lending. The credit risks of the sub-loans are borne by the PFIs.
- 09/12/2015 - AfDB approves US $53 million for water in Zimbabwe and financial reform in Chad
- 12/08/2015 - Fitch affirms African Development Bank at ‘AAA’; Outlook stable
- 29/05/2015 - Interview with Stefan Nalletamby, Director, Financial Sector Development, AfDB
- 06/02/2015 - AfDB issues 1.375% USD 1 billion global benchmark due 12 February 2020
- 03/12/2014 - AfDB issues a 6.625% ZAR 500 Million Eurobond due 9 December 2017