To support private sector development in regional member countries, the African Development Bank offers two types of guarantees:
- Partial credit guarantee
- Partial risk guarantee
The introduction of guarantees has opened up a new window of opportunity for borrowers who want to access resources from third-party lenders, including capital markets. Guarantees are also an effective tool for encouraging local currency borrowing. Borrowers eligible for an African Development Bank’s loan are eligible for its Guarantee.
- Financial Products Offered by the African Development Bank
This brochure presents the general terms and conditions of the African Development Bank financial products.
- 24/05/2013 - AfDB Returns to the Ugandan Capital Market With its Second Shilling Bond
- 26/04/2013 - AfDB successfully reopens its 5-year US Dollar Global bond
- 22/04/2013 - The Committee of Ten (C10) encourages diversification to overcome economic vulnerability
- 19/04/2013 - The Committee of Ten supports the ADF
- 28/02/2013 - AfDB Offers Education Support Bond to Japanese Investors