To support private sector development in regional member countries, the African Development Bank offers two types of guarantees:
- Partial credit guarantee
- Partial risk guarantee
The introduction of guarantees has opened up a new window of opportunity for borrowers who want to access resources from third-party lenders, including capital markets. Guarantees are also an effective tool for encouraging local currency borrowing. Borrowers eligible for an African Development Bank’s loan are eligible for its Guarantee.
- Financial Products Offered by the African Development Bank
This brochure presents the general terms and conditions of the African Development Bank financial products.
- 21/10/2013 - Board Pays Tribute to Outgoing Executive Director, Walter C. Jones
- 26/09/2013 - AfDB prices a new 5-year US Dollar Global bond
- 24/09/2013 - Money transfers from Tunisians living abroad: an untapped goldmine
- 31/07/2013 - President’s U.S.Treasury Awards Blog - Debating Africa and the Global Economy on US Public Radio
- 26/07/2013 - AfDB President debates “The US, Africa and the Global economy” on the Kojo Nnamdi Radio Show in Washington