Resources for Borrowers
This section contains information on and links to the documents that are designed to help staff of Borrowers and Executing Agencies in handling procurement for programs and projects financed by the African Development Bank (AfDB). In addition, important information including training opportunities provided by certain organizations and other useful links are also provided.
For all projects in regional member countries that are funded in full or in part by the African Development Bank (AfDB), a legal agreement is signed between the AfDB and the country receiving the funds. One of the key conditions in the agreement (loan agreement or grant protocol) is for the procurement under the project being conducted in accordance with the Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works, or as appropriate, Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants. These are policy documents that were revised recently and have become applicable for all procurement activity starting after November 2008. Procurement that was initiated before November 2008 continues to be governed by the earlier version, viz. Rules of Procedure for Procurement of Goods and Works and Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants.
The Bank has also developed Standard Bidding Documents to assist Borrowers in the preparation of tender documents required for the execution of procurement activities. Many of these have been developed through a collaborative effort involving the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and International Financing Institutions (IFIs)
Note: Newly Revised Standard Bidding Documents will be available in the fourth quarter of 2009.
- 05/12/2013 - AfDB Board approves $28.92 million in support to Côte d’Ivoire Youth Employability and Insertion Support Programme
- 05/12/2013 - Board of AfDB approves Strategic Framework and Operational Guidelines for the ADF Partial Credit Guarantee Instrument
- 05/12/2013 - AfDB Board Approves Fully Flexible Loan Product: Embedding Risk Management Features in Sovereign and Sovereign-Guaranteed Loans
- 04/12/2013 - AfDB Board approves combined 2013-2017 Country Strategy Paper and 2013 Portfolio Review for Côte d’Ivoire
- 04/12/2013 - AfDB Boards approve US $4.89 billion for 2014 Borrowing Program