Resources for Borrowers
This section contains information on and links to the documents that are designed to help staff of Borrowers and Executing Agencies in handling procurement for programs and projects financed by the African Development Bank (AfDB). In addition, important information including training opportunities provided by certain organizations and other useful links are also provided.
For all projects in regional member countries that are funded in full or in part by the African Development Bank (AfDB), a legal agreement is signed between the AfDB and the country receiving the funds. One of the key conditions in the agreement (loan agreement or grant protocol) is for the procurement under the project being conducted in accordance with the Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works, or as appropriate, Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants. These are policy documents that were revised recently and have become applicable for all procurement activity starting after November 2008. Procurement that was initiated before November 2008 continues to be governed by the earlier version, viz. Rules of Procedure for Procurement of Goods and Works and Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants.
The Bank has also developed Standard Bidding Documents to assist Borrowers in the preparation of tender documents required for the execution of procurement activities. Many of these have been developed through a collaborative effort involving the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and International Financing Institutions (IFIs)
Note: Newly Revised Standard Bidding Documents will be available in the fourth quarter of 2009.
- 26/04/2013 - AfDB Facilitates Energy Diversification and Access to Clean Energy with the Approval of a €115 Million Loan to Turkana Wind Power Project in Kenya
- 18/04/2013 - AfDB provides USD 38 million for skills development and job creation in Rwanda
- 17/04/2013 - AfDB reinforces regional integration support with USD 232.5 million Tanzania-Kenya road financing
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Road Improvement Project to Benefit 800,000 People, Create 12,000 Jobs in Uganda
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Approves US $73 Million for Irrigation and Road Projects in Malawi