The Loan Disbursement Handbook of the African Development Bank Group provides guidance on disbursement. It is useful reference guide for Borrowers, staff, executing agencies, co-financiers, suppliers, project management units (PMIs) and other contracting parties for the efficient withdrawal of loan/grant proceeds.
The guidance to disbursement procedures includes a wide range of useful information on lending instruments, the legislative framework, disbursement methods, policies, accounting and financial management as well as other relevant issues.
A good understanding of our disbursement policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures are instrumental for ensuring an efficient disbursement operation. The Handbook complements and supports project implementation at the bank. It applies equally to both loan and grant-funded AFDB investment projects and programs. The current Disbursement Handbook (2012 edition) supersedes previous editions.
For further information, please inquire from the following address or contact the Bank's representative in your country.
The Secretariat of the Disbursements Division,
Telephone: +216 71 10 29 13
Note: Newly Revised Standard Bidding Documents will be available in the fourth quarter of 2009.
- 26/04/2013 - AfDB Facilitates Energy Diversification and Access to Clean Energy with the Approval of a €115 Million Loan to Turkana Wind Power Project in Kenya
- 18/04/2013 - AfDB provides USD 38 million for skills development and job creation in Rwanda
- 17/04/2013 - AfDB reinforces regional integration support with USD 232.5 million Tanzania-Kenya road financing
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Road Improvement Project to Benefit 800,000 People, Create 12,000 Jobs in Uganda
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Approves US $73 Million for Irrigation and Road Projects in Malawi