Standard bidding documents
Based upon the Bank’s revised Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works, which, were approved by the Boards of Directors in May 2008, new Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs) have been prepared (in both French and English). The SBDs and their respective User’s Guides (where applicable) have been compiled by the African Development Bank for use by its Borrowers. The SBDs are based on the corresponding Master Procurement Documents (MPDs), prepared by the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and International Financing Institutions (IFIs).
The MPDs were designed to be used as models for issuing new and better harmonized SBDs for each individual multilateral institution and they reflect what are considered “best practices”, while allowing for institutional and member country considerations. Accordingly, the African Development Bank’s SBDs reflect the structure and the provisions of the MPDs, except where institution-specific considerations have required some changes.
These new SBDs become effective on the date of their publication on the Bank’s Website, and shall be applicable to all projects under which reference is made to the revised Rules and Procedures (May 2008) in the Loan or Grant Protocol Agreements.
However, this requirement shall not be applicable to any procurement for which:
- The Specific Procurement Notice (SPN) has already been published, or
- The Bank has already granted a no-objection to the bidding document.
The preparation of new User Guides is currently at the translation stage and these will also be posted on the Website as soon as both language versions are finalized.
A - Standard Bidding Documents for Goods and Works
New - Standard Bidding Document for procurement of Goods
New - Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of Works
- SBD for Procurement of Works
- SBD for Procurement of small Works
- Standard Prequalification Document for Procurement of Works
New - Standard Bidding Document for procurement of Plant
Old - Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of Goods
Old - Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of Works
- Procurement of Works – Large Works Contract
- Procurement of Works - Medium Value Contracts
- Procurement of Works - Smaller Contracts
- Standard Prequalification Document - Procurement of Works
B - Standard Request for Proposals for Consultancy Services
- New - Standard Request for Proposals to be used for quality and cost based selection (QCBS)
- Old - Standard Request for Proposals / Standard Letter of Invitation to Consultants (Price Is Not a Factor)
- Old - Standard Request for Proposals / Standard Letter of Invitation to Consultants (Price Is Factor)
- Old - Standard Request for Proposals / Standard Letter of Invitation to Consultants (Lowest Price for Comparable Services)
C - Standard Forms, Templates and Others Documents
- Standard Bid Evaluation Guide for Procurement of Goods and Works
- Procurement Plan Template
- Guidelines for Procurement under community-based investment projects
- Model of General Procurement Notice (GPN)
- Model of Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
- Model of Request for Expression Of Interest (EOI)
- Goods & Works Contract Award Publication Form
- Consultant Contract Award Publication Form
- 26/04/2013 - AfDB Facilitates Energy Diversification and Access to Clean Energy with the Approval of a €115 Million Loan to Turkana Wind Power Project in Kenya
- 18/04/2013 - AfDB provides USD 38 million for skills development and job creation in Rwanda
- 17/04/2013 - AfDB reinforces regional integration support with USD 232.5 million Tanzania-Kenya road financing
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Road Improvement Project to Benefit 800,000 People, Create 12,000 Jobs in Uganda
- 14/03/2013 - AfDB Approves US $73 Million for Irrigation and Road Projects in Malawi