Dakar Toll Road Senior Loan


Overview

  • Reference: P-SN-DB0-012
  • Approval date: 19/07/2010
  • Start date: 01/07/2011
  • Appraisal Date: 13/12/1901
  • Status: OngoingOnGo
  • Implementing Agency: SENAC - SA SOCIETE EIFFAG DE LA NOUVELLE AUTOROUTE CONCEDEE
  • Location: Dakar, Senegal

Description

The Project will involve the construction of a 25 km toll road from Dakar - Diamniadio with a dual carriageway with three lanes in each direction from Patte d


Objectives

The project intends to

(i) improve poor road conditions, coupled with heavy traffic, cross traffic and trading activities that contribute to lower speeds and delays;

(ii) strengthen regional integration through better competitiveness of Dakar Port and implementation of the sub-regional rules concerning facilitation of transport;

(iii) strenghtenthe Government's Accelerated Growth Strategy; and

(iv) approprietaly compensate the 3,350 families that will be displaced by the project (70% of which have opted for resettlement, while the remaining 30% will receive cash payment as compensation for expropriation).


Rationale

The capital city of Senegal, Dakar, is located on a peninsula and comprises 25% of the country


Benefits

The project will produce a number of benfits, including

(i) positive impact on the government


Key contacts

DIOP-DIALLO Rokhaya - OPSD4


Costs

Finance source Amount
ADBEUR 10,543,518
DeltaEUR 188,440,442
TotalEUR 198,983,960