Joint IFI Support for Socio-Economic Transformation in MENA Countries
G8 Finance Ministers Meeting, Marseilles, 10 September, 2011
The African Development Bank (AfDB) played a very active role in creating a coordination platform for a group of ten International Financial Institutions (IFIs), and will host its secretariat during its first year of operation (September 2011-2012).
- May 21, 2012, Camp David, USA, US outlook on Deauville Partnership and Arab countries in transition, in the G8 summit context
- November 3-4, 2011, Cannes, France, 2011 G20 Cannes Summit
- October 21-23, 2011, Dead Sea, Jordan, World Economic Forum-Special Meeting on Economic Growth and Job Creation in the Arab World
- September 10, 2011, Marseille, France, G8 Finance Ministers meeting
- Deauville Partnership Finance Ministers’ Meeting
- May 26-27, 2011, Deauville, France, G8 Heads of States Deauville Summit
- The "Deauville Partnership": helping the arab countries in their transition to free and democratic societies
- Deauville Partnership Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting
Joint IFI's Statement (589 KB)
IFI Coordination Platform (41 KB)
Ten International Financial Institutions (IFIs) endorsed the economic framework of the “Deauville Partnership” (G8 Summit, Deauville, May 26-27, 2011). The framework aims to support partnership countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) in the following areas...
The Joint IFI Platform
In the wake of the recent wave of change in MENA, ten IFIs agreed, during the G8 Finance Ministers meeting (Marseille, France, September 10, 2011), to set up a joint coordination platform to facilitate joint operations and maximize synergies among institutions in the region...