Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 27/03/2015 - Ebola doctors come home: AfDB joins ECOWAS and Government of Côte d’Ivoire in welcome ceremony
- 27/03/2015 - One year on: AfDB’s support of Ebola-affected countries continues
- 27/03/2015 - Discussions to reform ailing energy industry in the Comoros
- 26/03/2015 - Bank mission led by Vice-President Sue Wardell pays visit to Ebola-affected countries of Liberia and Sierra Leone
- 24/03/2015 - AfDB participates in the Mano River Union Technical and Ministerial Meeting on Post-Ebola Recovery Strategy
- 17/03/2015 - AfDB and partners commit to ending HIV-AIDS related discrimination in the workplace