Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 28/10/2014 - Keynote at the International Economic Forum of the Americas - Toronto Global Forum - by the AfDB President Donald Kaberuka
- 27/10/2014 - Innovation key to Africa’s development, says AfDB Acting Chief Economist and Vice-President
- 27/10/2014 - Leaders Commit Billions in Major New Development Initiative for the Horn of Africa
- 25/10/2014 - AUC, AfDB and ECA confident that countries will beat Ebola Virus Disease
- 24/10/2014 - Heads of AfDB, AU and ECA in Guinea to show support for country’s fight against Ebola