Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 27/11/2014 - Building resilience to climate change: World Bank and AfDB partner to improve hydrological and meteorological systems in Africa
- 14/11/2014 - President Kaberuka receives Ivorian footballer and humanitarian Didier Drogba to discuss partnership to tackle Ebola crisis
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka makes a call for individual contributions in fight against Ebola
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka commends African businesses for initiative against Ebola
- 08/11/2014 - Heads of AfDB, AU and ECA join forces with African business leaders to launch Ebola response fund
- 06/11/2014 - AfDB President to attend African Business Roundtable on Ebola in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia