Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 19/12/2014 - African Development Bank has provided decisive support to stop the spread of Ebola in Mali
- 01/12/2014 - World AIDS Day 2014 - Statement by Donald Kaberuka
- 27/11/2014 - Building resilience to climate change: World Bank and AfDB partner to improve hydrological and meteorological systems in Africa
- 14/11/2014 - President Kaberuka receives Ivorian footballer and humanitarian Didier Drogba to discuss partnership to tackle Ebola crisis
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka makes a call for individual contributions in fight against Ebola
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka commends African businesses for initiative against Ebola