Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 20/10/2014 - Kaberuka disappointed with international response, calls for African solidarity in fighting back Ebola
- 17/10/2014 - African Development Bank to launch further Ebola crisis response projects, this time with the AU and ECOWAS
- 16/10/2014 - A new paradigm in health financing and the importance of national funding underscored by Hamdok
- 15/10/2014 - Ministerial Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa: New ideas and formulas for tangible projects to promote green growth
- 15/10/2014 - President Kaberuka meets with Bill Gates and Gates Foundation executives to explore opportunities to work together