Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 30/04/2015 - AfDB provides US $30 million budget support to basic social services delivery in Malawi
- 29/04/2015 - North Africa: What impact does FDI have on the people?
- 27/04/2015 - AfDB to support Côte d’Ivoire and its private sector, to give momentum to its economy
- 17/04/2015 - $300 million top-up from AfDB to support countries’ Post-Ebola Recovery Programs
- 17/04/2015 - Heads of State, World Bank honour AfDB President
- 13/04/2015 - AfDB supports Guinea-Bissau during its international donor conference