Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 28/10/2014 - Keynote at the International Economic Forum of the Americas - Toronto Global Forum - by the AfDB President Donald Kaberuka
- 21/10/2014 - 2014 African Economic Conference to focus on knowledge and innovation
- 15/10/2014 - Ministerial Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa: New ideas and formulas for tangible projects to promote green growth
- 01/10/2014 - African Economic Conference 2014 to take place in Addis Ababa
- 25/09/2014 - Sudan to receive US $133.60 million exceptional support from 2014-2016