Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 19/11/2014 - Rural and low-income Kenyans to benefit from AfDB energy loan
- 14/11/2014 - AfDB SME Program: Enhancing Inclusive Growth and Job Creation in Mozambique
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka makes a call for individual contributions in fight against Ebola
- 08/11/2014 - Kaberuka commends African businesses for initiative against Ebola
- 08/11/2014 - Heads of AfDB, AU and ECA join forces with African business leaders to launch Ebola response fund
- 06/11/2014 - AfDB President to attend African Business Roundtable on Ebola in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia