Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 01/10/2015 - AfDB approves US $141.71-million for the Dar es Salaam Bus Rapid Transit System Project
- 01/10/2015 - African Development Bank speeds US $16-million relief for water and sanitation in Zimbabwe
- 30/09/2015 - AfDB approves US $428 million in energy and infrastructure, transport and water projects in eight African countries
- 29/09/2015 - An international effort to power Africa
- 28/09/2015 - Energizing Africa’s future, benefiting the world
- 28/09/2015 - After the MDGs, renewed commitment and financing required to spur Africa’s development
|P-MG-IC0-002|| ASSISTANCE ALIMENTAIRE ET NUTRITIONNELLE D'URGENCE GRAND SUD ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-DJ-IZ0-001|| AIDE D'URGENCE POUR UNE ASSISTANCE AUX REFUGIES EN PROVENANCE DU YEMEN ||ApprovedAPVD|