Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 05/03/2015 - International Women’s Day: 25 portraits - How the AfDB is improving the lives of African women
- 10/02/2015 - Africa launches platform to enhance collaboration between countries for the delivery of quality Early Childhood Development programs
- 19/12/2014 - African Development Bank has provided decisive support to stop the spread of Ebola in Mali
- 11/12/2014 - Mauritanie : 24 millions $ de dons de la BAD pour la sécurité alimentaire, la gouvernance et l’emploi des jeunes
- 09/12/2014 - AfDB participates in Rockefeller Foundation Africa Partnership Forum held in Nairobi
- 09/12/2014 - AfDB, Rockefeller Foundation and United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Convene Forum on Africa’s Growth