The Bank Group’s Increased Capacity and Readiness
The Bank Group has:
Embarked on comprehensive institutional reforms geared to significantly increase the Bank’s capacity to deliver in the areas of Business Processes, Decentralization, Quality at Entry and Managing for Results, Institutional Efficiency, Improved Human Resources Management, Information and Technology services (IT), Alignment with International Best Practices, Better Communications, Budget Reforms, Risk Management and Governance, Controls and Safeguards.
- Created the Operations Committee and Country Teams in order to sharpen the country focus and strategic selectivity of the Bank’s operations and improve its development impact. The Bank has also created the COO position to monitor corporate performance and cross-complex decision-making.
- Upgraded its Procurement Unit to a full-fledged Procurement and Fiduciary Services Department that comprises key financial management functions.
- Emphasized the Quality-at-Entry of Operations, and increased its focus on results and development through its newly created Quality Assurance and Results Department.
- Reviewed its Risk Management Framework and Internal processes in order to assess their effectiveness and solidify their readiness. Oliver Wyman has been engaged in reviewing the enterprise risk framework of the Bank with the aim of identifying any gaps that might exist and coming up with recommendations to bridge such gaps and will be presenting A workshop presenting this information will be held on Tuesday the 26th of January, with the final recommendations delivered the first or second week of February 2010.
- Consolidated its HR capabilities and decentralized operations to field offices, and working continuously to further sharpen its decentralization, thereby improving responsiveness to client needs.
- Implemented an ambitious technology improvement program to modernize the Bank’s Enterprise Resource Planning Platform (SAP) and streamline work flows at both the Tunis-based and field operations.
Please select a country
- 06/12/2013 - First African ministerial forum on the integration of ICTs in education and training to take place in Tunisia
- 06/12/2013 - « Pour gagner l’Afrique doit innover », déclare le président de la BAD au Sénat français
- 06/12/2013 - Mandela: AfDB Pays Tribute to an Extraordinary Man
- 06/12/2013 - Elysée Summit for Peace and Security in Africa
- 06/12/2013 - Sénégal : 23,6 milliards de FCFA pour réhabiliter le Lac de Guiers et bâtir des pistes communautaires