Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
Environmental challenges persist
Poor sanitation, limited access to improved drinking water sources and declining forest cover are among the most pressing environmental challenges facing the continent – and climate change is likely to make them worse. But, more positively, carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions have stabilized in most African countries, and the majority of countries have lowered their consumption of ozone-depleting substances.
Furthermore, 27 countries have listed improvements in the share of protected terrestrial and marine areas.
- 21/04/2013 - International Financial Institutions Agree to Share Data to Improve Development Outcomes and Lay the Groundwork for the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- 14/03/2013 - African Ministers and Stakeholders Meet in Tunisia to Shape Africa’s Post-MDG Agenda
- 05/03/2013 - Africa-Wide Consultation on the Post-2015 Development Agenda and Review of Africa’s Progress Toward the MDGs
- 11/12/2012 - Common Position on Africa’s Post-2015 Development Agenda Set to Take Shape in Senegal
- 17/10/2012 - AfDB and the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty