Conscious of Africa's development challenges and the role regional economic communities have to play in development efforts across the continent, the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group is working very closely with the continent's regional economic communities, especially in the area of capacity building.
The AfDB believes that it is necessary to enhance the capacity of regional economic communities which constitute the building blocks for regional integration and it has been working with the following organizations.
- Southern Africa Development Community (SADC)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
- Arab Mahgreb Union (AMU)
- Intergovernmental Authority for Development (IGAD)
- Community of Sahel-Saharan States (CEN-SAD)